Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wandering Aimlessly Through My Book Shelves

I can't remember the last time I had so much trouble finding a book to read. You would think that with almost 1200 books 2/3's of which are unread I'd be able to find something - but no. I've tried romance, fantasy, historical ficiton, non-fiction and horror yet nothing is holding my attention for more than 50 pages. I don't know if it's the books I'm picking or just that I'm in the mood for a particular kind of book I just haven't figured out which one. Either way I've already wasted a week of reading with nothing to show for it.

I did happen to come across a copy of Susan Kay's Phantom (which I gave up looking for years ago) in the boxes of books my cousin gave me perhaps I'll try that next...

2 comments:

Hilcia said...

novelnelle, when that happens to me, I re-read an old comfort read. I usually choose a book that I love. One that makes me feel great when I close that last page.

Usually when I finish, I'm recharged and ready to choose a new book. That's one of my tricks for getting over a reading slump. :)

Kristie (J) said...

I know the feeling!! I'll look at my shelves in the morning to pick a book to take to work and nothing appeals to me - and there are TONS of them!!