Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reading and other stuff

I was totally expecting to slide into a book slump after finishing Broken Wing.  Not only was Broken Wing   awesome but I've read quite a few very good books in a row.  That usually means a slump is coming.  Not so this time.  After finishing Broken Wing I jumped right into Josh Lanyon's Adrien English Mysteries.  I read about these for the first time on Kati's blog and since they peaked my interest I decided to download the first two for my e-book reader since the two in one is only $6.99 on fictionwise.  Wow.  I wasn't planning on getting too into these since it was such a drastic change in genre's etc. plus it was on my ebook reader and that just doesn't feel the same but holy moly I enjoyed these books thoroughly.  I don't care how much of an ass he is I'm in love with Jake he totally makes these books for me.  From what I've read on other blogs I think he turns into an even bigger jerk but I have faith that he'll figure out how awesome life would be with Adrien.

So anyhoo, now I've read both of those and I'm browsing through my books trying to decide what I want to read next.  I've come to realize that I really dislike the whole process of starting a new book.  I want to be in the middle of it, immersed in it not trying to figure who is who and what is what.  I just don't care for this particular stage of reading when I can't decide what I feel like or if a particular book is going to work for me etc. etc.  Oh well - if that's my biggest problem I really shouldn't complain :)

Completely off topic but happy news for me.  My lovely little ball python Corwin has come out of his winter semi-hibernation early and is peeking at me while I type away on the computer.  Last year he didn't eat from September right through to March and we rarely saw him come out of his hut on his own at all.  This year he didn't disappear until November and now he's out already :)

No comments: